The warrior woman archetype has largely been erased from our awareness. We’ve forgotten how to embody our innate and noble fierceness.
Every woman can be a warrior, but not every woman says yes to becoming one.
Failure is your initiation into warriorship— failing with nobility, failing (and falling into the Unknown) with faith.
Part of the feminine medicine we– and our families and communities– need most right now is our collective resuscitation of the Warrior Woman.
She’s wise. She’s untamed. She’s courageous. She leads with her heart. And She speaks and acts with conviction, rooted in her connection with the Divine.
She’s seeped into our lives through Wonder Woman and #metoo. Now it’s time for Her to become a part of you, too.
Doing this requires more than just protests and Instagram memes. It demands an embodied, inner practice that uproots obstructions to Her holy intensity.
It’s time for us to daringly inhabit the shunned energies of “bitch,” “witch,” and “nasty woman.” When we do this– with LOVE–we will be reunited with the power and vitality we’ve been seeking in all the wrong places for far too long.
Sisters, please join me for this free, 7-day online adventure to do just this!
During this 7-day adventure, you will:
- Embrace failure as the foundation of warriorhood
- Live from the knowing that it’s far more important for you to be true yourself than it is to look good for others
- Grow up and face the truth that life isn’t fair and being nice won’t protect you
- Shed your idealized self-image and risk exposing your true self (warts and all)
- Move beyond the good girl/bad girl dichotomy
- Embrace the power of your will
- Be assertive (& recognize the price you pay for staying silent)
- Overcome your learned helplessness. You are the only one who can take care of you!
- Practice random acts of courage
- Learn to cope with your fear & express your anger
- Stop being a martyr, doormat, or victim
- Partner with the power within you that can never be taken or tainted
Even the seemingly strongest and most capable women I know can fall into the trap of learned powerlessness in some areas of their lives. I know I certainly have. This stuff runs so deep.
Being strong doesn’t mean you can’t also be soft and sexy. We can be all of these (as Ani De Franco sings, we’re “thirty-two flavors and then some”)!
The confidence, creativity, and worldly effectiveness you’re seeking only lives in this inner power.
Join me to reach inside yourself and seize your sword.
Onwards, warrior women!
With fierce love,
Sara’s Work Has Been Seen In:
About Sara Avant Stover
For the past twenty years, Sara Avant Stover has been a pioneering teacher of women’s yoga, meditation, and spirituality. Bestselling author of The Way of the Happy Woman: Living the Best Year of Your Life and The Book of SHE: Your Heroine’s Journey into the Heart of Feminine Power, she’s also a pregnancy loss doula and activist.
Sara graduated Phi Beta Kappa and summa cum laude from Columbia University’s all-women’s school, Barnard College. After a cancer scare in her early twenties, she moved to Chiang Mai, Thailand for a decade, where she led Thailand’s first 200-Hour Yoga Alliance teacher training and become one of Southeast Asia’s leading yoga instructors.
The creator of the world’s first Women’s Yoga Teacher Training, Sara’s work has uplifted the lives of tens of thousands of women worldwide and has been featured in Yoga Journal, the Huffington Post, Newsweek, Natural Health, and on ABC, NBC, and CBS. She lives in Santa Barbara, California.